The Future Of Dental Hygiene II
Friday, September 23, 2022 - Saturday, September 24, 2022
08:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Homewood Suites By Hilton
2400 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN, USA
12-CE All-Inclusive event for the entire team!
If you’re ready for solid systems that leverage your time and assets while alleviating the pressure that you must be the one to do it all, then this event is for you!
Dentistry is NOT just tooth care, it’s healthcare! Similarly, dental hygiene should no longer be the break-even, "scrape and churn" it's become. This team-focused event will provide you with the right tools and training, to show you why health-centered dentistry is not only the largest emerging market opportunity, but also far more profitable, and optimal for patient care.
Day 1- Lecture (Team Focused) 8:00am- 5:00pm
See Speaker Lineup Below!
By bringing together thought leaders, best technologies, and best practices, we’ll introduce you to the most important health-changing trends in dental hygiene. We’ll also show you what a health-centered, elite-level practice looks like and provide you with the steps to become one too!
Each attendee will receive a workbook for this hands-on event.
· Recognize the key players in the mouth-body connection and their role in causing periodontal and systemic diseases.
· Acquire the systems and protocols for a biological diagnosis, a comprehensive treatment plan, code for maximum reimbursement, and how to treat using science-based periodontal treatment.
· Systematize the steps to engage patients in their diagnosis, inspire clinicians' passion for dentistry, and skyrocket your hygiene department's production permanently!
· Implement proven techniques that maximize the collaborative roles between the DDS, RDH, RDA, and Amin team members.
· Acquire the verbal skills used in a health-centered practice that get the "yes" the first time.
· Leverage your new skills to create a healthy and profitable hygiene department.
Day 2- Clinical Participation (Clinician Focused) 8:00am-12:00pm
· Test drive new technologies to see for yourself how you could streamline your practice and make your job faster, easier, and more effective!
Chairside Video Microscopy
Salivary Diagnostics- MicrobeLinkDx
EMS Guided Biofilm Therapy
Periodontal Laser Therapy
Ozonated Water Therapy
Day 2- Periodontal Procedure Coding to Maximize Reimbursement
(Administration Focused) 8:00am-12:00pm
Taught by: Dilaine Gloege!
This hands-on workshop will focus on the submission of periodontal-related dental procedures to dental and medical insurance. Emphasis will be placed on evaluations and non-surgical periodontal treatment. There will be an overview of the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) and ICD-10-CM code sets related to periodontal procedures.
The course will include submission of other diagnostic procedures to medical insurance. Procedures include but are not limited to evaluations, radiographs, and oral systemic link testing. An overview of the administration of claims such as fraud, waste & abuse, obtaining prior approval, appealing denied claims, and reading medical EOBs.
Each attendee will receive a workbook for this hands-on workshop.
Educational Objectives At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
· Understand the essentials for periodontal reporting and billing, and understand how to code for medical and dental insurance reimbursement.
· Identify the key details to maximize insurance reimbursement and stop claim rejections and denials.
· Gain knowledge of cross-coding procedures (CDT to CPT®)
· Submit an accurate, clean claim using the 2019 ADA dental claim form and CMS -1500 medical claim form, successfully
· Recognize the common coding mistakes that are costing you time and money!
HOTEL BOOKING INFORMATION
· Homewood Suites by Hilton located at 2400 West End Ave. Choose between a King Suite (2-beds), which includes a King-sized bed and a full-sized sofa bed, or Queen Suite (3-beds), which includes 2-queen beds and a full-sized sofa bed.
Let’s Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!
Breakfast- The hotel serves a large complimentary breakfast buffet daily.
Snacks- During day 1 of the lecture, you will have all-day access to complimentary snacks, water, coffee, tea, and soda. On day 2 of the coding lecture and clinical rotations, you will have access to snacks and water. *You are welcome to bring your own snacks and beverages on both days.:)
Lunch- Friday we will be serving a Chicken Fajita Fiesta, with iced tea, and dessert. Lunch is not served on Saturday as many leave for home right after the event.
Dinner- Nashville has an amazing selection of dining within a mile of the hotel. Restaurants books FAST! Please plan to make dinner reservations in advance. www.opentable.com
Refund and Cancellation Policies
Refund Policy for OSM: OSM reserves the right to cancel or postpone an event due to unforeseen circumstances. If OSM cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
The deadline to receive a full refund for an individual ticket is three weeks (21 days) before the event. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will be eligible for a 75% refund. The decreased refund is due to holding seats that could not be sold to prospective participants. Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event. Cancellations will be accepted in writing only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit cardholder. Refund requests must include the name of the attendee(s). Refunds will be issued in the same manner the event was paid for.
Registration Cancellation due to Covid-19 positive
Should a participant not be able to attend due to testing positive for SARS-CoV-2, that participant is eligible for a full refund, or transfer registration to the next event. Please provide proof positive to Tom@Tomlarkin.com.
Special notes regarding Covid-19: At this time OSM strongly encourages a “proof negative” of SARS-CoV-2 within 48 hours of this event. Barring new scientific evidence, we do not need proof of your negative results. We expect as healthcare professionals compliance on this will be a non-issue.
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.