ADW and ASW 2024 - Register interest to attend and call for abstracts
Monday, October 23, 2023
11:30 PM - 11:45 PM
Annual Diagnostics Workshop and Annual Surveillance Workshop 2024 – EOI to attend and call for abstracts has been extended to 23 October, 2023.
Planning has commenced for the Annual Diagnostics Workshop (ADW) and the Annual Surveillance Workshop (ASW) 2024, which will be held as two separate hybrid events during the week of 18 March 2024 in Brisbane (venue to be confirmed).
The ADW and ASW events provide the opportunity for the National Plant Biosecurity Diagnostic Network (NPBDN) and Plant Surveillance Network Australasia-Pacific (PSNAP) members to improve their skills, exchange tips and techniques, share knowledge, and to network with colleagues.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
A call for abstracts for both ADW and ASW is now open to all NPBDN and PSNAP members. The abstract should be a maximum of 350 words (not including title, authors or organisations), and be submitted no later than 23 October 2023.
Abstracts are being sought from all NPBDN and PSNAP members including those from industry, universities, research and development corporations, government and research institutions. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Network Implementation Working Group (NIWG) and the Plant Surveillance Network Working Group (PSNWG), with successful abstracts confirmed early December 2023.
ADW 2024 abstracts must address the theme “Challenges of unculturables and their vectors”. This includes work done on fungi, bacteria, viruses etc. of plant health significance which have resisted attempts to obtain a pure culture, as well as the organisms that transmit them.
Submit your abstract by completing the registration form and EOI. Please also email your abstract to NPBDN@phau.com.au.
ASW 2024 abstracts must address the theme “Surveillance in remote locations: challenges, solutions and incorporating community engagement”.
Submit your abstract by completing the registration form and EOI. Please also email your abstract to PSNAP@phau.com.au.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST TO ATTEND IN-PERSON OR VIRTUALLY
Members who do not intend to submit an abstract are still welcome to attend ASW or ADW 2024 either in-person or virtually. Please submit your expression of interest and indicate if you will be attending in-person or virtually no later than 23 October 2023.
- Call for abstracts open Monday 18 September 2023
- EOI to attend ADW or ASW open Monday 18 September 2023
- Abstract submissions close Monday 23 October 2023
- EOI to attend ADW or ASW close Monday 23 October 2023
- Notification of approval of successful abstracts by NIWG and PSNWG Monday 4 December 2023
- Registrations to attend ADW / ASW open Monday 4 December 2023
- Registrations and travel applications close Monday 22 January 2024
- ADW / ASW events - Week commencing 18 March 2024
- Travel and one night of accommodation will be provided for confirmed participants (NPBDN and PSNAP members only).
- Staff of the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) are not eligible for travel funds through the networks to attend ADW/ASW. However, interested DAFF staff should submit an EOI to secure a place or submit an abstract for the workshop, and consult internal management regarding travel arrangements.
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.