SAPPY 15 CUBE SHOW
Saturday, August 01, 2020 - Sunday, August 02, 2020
09:00 PM - 12:00 AM
96 Crescent Street, Sackville, NB, Canada
*Please note, a separate pre-registration ticket needs to be filled out for each attendee to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines, thank you!
Is the Sackville cube Swamp Magic’s structural form? What happens when the sun sets, and the marsh wind isn’t blowing?
Join Sappyfest, Struts Gallery & Faucet Media Arts Centre and Owens Art Gallery’s collaborative feat - a cube projection, a cube show!
We will commence when the sun sets on Aug 1, Sappyfest weekend.
The Sweetest Sympathy film projection program will include:
- Colin Campbell, Sackville, I'm Yours, 1972, 14:40 min.
- Michèle Pearson Clark, Black Men and Me, 2006, 5:57 min.
- Diane Borsato and Rita McKeough, Big Rock Quiet, 2018, 4:00 min.
- Benny Nemerofsy Ramsay, I am a Boyband, 2002, 5:24 min.
- Daniel Barrow, A Miracle, 2003, 2:37 min.
- Jeremy Dutcher, Mehcinut (Official Music Video), 5:47 min.
Followed by a very special return to Sappyfest, Lido Pimienta concert performace projected onto the cube.
Pre-register below for a CUBE PASS to attend. We will be outside, in the giant shadow of the cube. The cube show is free to attend.
We’ve mapped it and have more than adequate space to provide the minimum 2 metres of physical distancing. However, we all have a role in maintaining each other’s safety throughout the event.
On behalf of our community, we are asking attendees to:
- Wear a mask. If you do not have a mask we will provide one to you at the entry point. Keep your mask on the entire time.
- Maintain physical distancing (min. 2 metres) between you and those not within your immediate family or friends bubble.
- Avoid congregating in groups larger than 4, even if more than 4 guests are within your bubble.
- Provide contact information while registering for a CUBE PASS for tracing purposes. In the event there is a reported case of COVID-19 among attendees after the cube show has taken place, we will contact you.
- Show your CUBE PASS’ QR code to one of the volunteers at site entry upon arrival.
- Follow the directional arrows and site signage at entrance and exit points. Keep both areas clear.
- Volunteers are there to help you and keep everyone safe. Please respect any volunteer-directed requests during the show.
- The mosquitoes might be bad!
- Bring your own chair or sitting blanket.
- Sorry, no dogs except service dogs.
- No alcohol or drugs permitted.
- There are no bathrooms on site.
A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to Terra Beata for building Sackville's berry cube and sharing it with us.
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.