Hamilton's First Black Hair Brunch
The Spice Factory
Sunday August 19th 2018 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm
For the first time ever the greater Hamilton community is coming together to celebrate the beauty and diversity of black hair!
- Hairstyling Demonstrations
- Lively Panel Discussions
- Unique Local Vendors
- Henna Artist
- Live Poetry
- Goodie Bags ** all goodie bags are now sold out**
- and of course, Brunch!
(All prices shown online include processing fees, ticket sales end August 17, 2018)
Our special guest panelists include:
*Dr. Cheryl Thompson, assistant professor at Ryerson University and author of the upcoming book "Beauty in a Box: Detangling the Roots of Canada's Black Beauty Culture"
*Annastasia Liu (@_simplystasia), natural hair blogger and Youtuber
*Dodji Ousmane, holistic nutritionist and hair loss specialist
*Janice (@fromato4z), 4C natural hair blogger and Youtuber
*Tisungane Banda (@le_tisu), owner of Coiffure Moderne, hairdresser, Youtuber
*Sean Gibson, president of the Ontario Barber Association
Every ticket purchase will enter you into a draw to win tickets to see Ella Mai in Toronto on Friday, August, 17th!
- Fruit Platter & Toast with Butter
- Granola Parfait with Fruit and Yogurt
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Syrup
Plus your choice of:
- Canadian Eggs Benny with English Muffin, Turkey Bacon & a Citrus Hollandaise Sauce
- Corned Beef Hash with Fresh Herbs and Vegetables
- Vegetarian: Stewed Eggplant and Chickpeas with Wilted Spinach and Diced Tomato
This event has ended