Delano MN Welcomes the Delano Kindred
Friday, September 16, 2022 - Saturday, September 17, 2022
01:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Delano, MN Senior Center
Delano Senior Center, 2nd Street North, Delano, MN, USA
Delano Minnesota Welcomes the Delano Kindred
The DELANO KINDRED was founded in 1991 for the purpose of exploring the ancestry and genealogy of their common ancestor, Philippe de Lanoy. In 1621, Philippe arrived in Plimoth (now Plymouth, Massachusetts) on the ship Fortune and some time later changed his name to Philip Delano. He is the progenitor of the Delano family in America. Members of the Delano Kindred will be staying in Delano, MN September 16-18 2022.
Please welcome the kindred to our community!
President, Tom Delano invites the Delano, MN community to join the activities planned for the Kindred. Please register for any or all by September 2nd, 2022
Presentations - Delano Senior Center
$20 Registration for all presentations on Friday and Saturday.
Friday, September 16th
- 1:00PM - Opening Remarks - Tom Delano, President
- 1:15PM - Welcome to Delano! - Dale Graunke, Mayor
- 1:30PM - Who was Francis Roach Delano and Why is there a Town Named for Him?
Tom Delano, great, great grandson of FR Delano
- 2:30PM - Break
- 2:45PM - The Early Years of the St. Paul and Pacific Railroad - Duane Swanson, Retired
Curator, MN Historical Society, Railroad Collections
- 4:00PM - Guided Historical Walking Tour of Downtown Delano on the Spirit of Community Trail - Deb DeBeer, President of the Delano Area Council for Arts and Culture
- 5:30PM - $20 Welcome Reception hosted by the Rieder Family at the historic Rieder Homestead on Bridge Ave. (west of the Crow River)
Saturday, September 17th
- 11:30AM The History of Delano, MN from 1860 to Date - Kathy Workman, Delano-Franklin Township Historical Society.
- 1:30-3:00PM Delano Heritage Center Open - 140 Bridge St. E and 2nd St. North
$49 Dinner Reception
- 6:00PM - Reception at Delano Senior Center
Friday, Sept 16 5:30 pm
Welcome Reception at Rieder Homestead Barn - $20
The reception includes Pulled Pork Sammies with Cole Slaw, BBQ Sauce, Potato Chips and Pickles, along with Baked Beans, Veggies and Dip. Beer and Wine are included.
Saturday Evening Dinner Reception - $49
All meals include a salad (mixed greens, roasted corn, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, pickled onions, croutons and Green Goddess dressing), non-alcoholic beverages (coffee, punch, water and soft drinks) and dessert (apple crisp, ice cream and caramel).
- Option 1 - Panko and Parmesan Crusted Chicken Medallions with wild rice pilaf, lemon sauce and roasted acorn squash.
- Option 2 - Sauteed Salmon with wild rice pilaf, lemon butter sauce and roasted acorn squash
- Option 3 - Spinach and Cream Lasagna with roasted acorn squash
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.