Encore Fellowship: Transitioning to Careers for the Common Good
Looking for meaningful work that contributes to society and gives purpose to your life? Baby boomers grew up asking not what their country could do for them but what they could do for their country. Now, as boomers retire, there's a wife open opportunity for that mindset to inspire younger generations as well. With an encore career- a volunteer, part-time, or full-time position undertaken after retirement- you'll continue to give back to your community and act as a mentor for those looking to do the same. Hamline's Encore Fellowship program is the first step down that road, using the skills, experience, and knowledge you acquired during your primary career.
During the Encore Fellowship, you will:
- Meet and learn from leaders in the nonprofit sector and people whose lives are models for an encore career.
- Come to better understand your personal values and goals.
- Participate in a class on nonprofit governance.
- Learn the fundamentals of nonprofit management.
- Serve for two months as an Encore Fellow in a nonprofit organization.
Encore Fellows will audit the Master in Nonprofit Management Governance of Nonprofit Organizations Course on Wednesday evenings from 5:45-9:45 January 8-February 26. They will then work in an internship for two months and close out the program in May. For more details, contact Jim Scheibel at firstname.lastname@example.org.