Annual DREAM ON GALA Fundraiser presented by Dreamers Wish Foundation
Friday, April 21, 2023 - Saturday, April 22, 2023
06:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Clubhouse on South Temple, East South Temple Street, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Join us for the DREAM ON 2023 Annual Fundraising Gala. Experience a beautiful cultural celebration summer night as we fundraise for a worthy cause. Enjoy live music, cultural performances, African food, a live auction, drinks, and networking opportunities.
Our Annual Gala celebrates the organization's efforts, and accomplishments and creates an opportunity to reach community leaders for a shared goal of giving back to our youth.
Each year, our Gala aims to reach a fundraising goal that continues to build programs for local youth and children k-12 in our low-income and refugee communities as well as developing communities abroad.
YOUTH PROGRAM FOR DREAMERS WISH FOUNDATION
Dreamers Wish Foundation is a global comprehensive education-centered movement that focuses on childhood and youth education for low-income, refugee, and developing communities in Utah and abroad.
We are currently working on collaborations to serve 4 counties: Utah, Salt Lake, Weber, and Davis. Also, we have established ourselves in Africa: Dadome DA Basic Primary School k-12, volta region Ghana (600 students) and Mijomboni Primary School, Kenya (1031 students)
In 2021, we supported over 1000 pupils in Ghana and Kenya by providing hygiene kits to over 400 teenage girls as well as school essentials. This aided in over 500 senior students in Mijomboni Primary school successfuly passing their regional exams and placing amongs the 90th percentile of excellent grades in the region.
We focus on providing after-school enrichment programs for children and youth Monday-Saturday through partnerships with other local non-profit organizations with space and capacity to support our program. Enrichment programs are scheduled extracurricular classes where students can receive advanced academic instruction, get extra help with homework assignments, or discover new hobbies, interests, and activities outside the classroom setting.
Our volunteers are equipped to help school-aged children in underprivileged and underserved areas.
OBJECTIVE: Create an atmosphere to increase school attendance amongst children and adolesence. In Ghana and Kenya, child labor will decline, while attendance will rise, and grades will improve.
GOALS FOR UTAH SCHOOL CHILDREN & YOUTH
1. Provide a safe haven for kids from underserved communities, through participation in high-quality engaging after-school enrichment programs that focus on STEAM. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Culture, Mathematics) and ESL (English as a Second Language)
2. Provide adult and peer-to-peer mentorship opportunities for local volunteers/changemakers to mentor youth towards college and career readiness.
3. Provide life skills training to children and youth to help them grow academically, socially, and emotionally.
4. Provide teaching/internship opportunities to student teachers and professionals to inspire more servant leaders in the communities.
5. Provide school essentials and exposure to technology in education to children and youth from low-income, refugee, and underserved communities.
GOALS FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN & YOUTH FROM DEVELOPING COMMUNITIES ABROAD (GHANA -KENYA)
1. Installing playground equipment to provide children the opportunity to practice and hone key skills including social, emotional, cognitive, and physical.
2. Install computer labs to contribute to closing the educational gap between rural and urban areas. Currently developing a project to serve 2 rural community schools between rural Ghana and Kenya. Each school will obtain computer libraries with satellite internet connectivity. Teachers will be given computer training as well to help them teach successfully.
3. Furnish library with books and school essentials.
4. Provide teaching kits for teachers for effective teaching and learning
5. Provide hygiene kits and Sanitary towels to teenage girls to promote health education.
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details