Family Food Fest
New York Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge
Sunday March 4th 2018 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
At Family Food Fest you and your kids can:
Take hands on cooking classes from Sprouts Cooking Club
Learn knife skills at The Brooklyn Kitchen's Knife Skills Lab (yes, kids too!)
Take part in interactive food related activities like:
- Build a kitchen mixer out of legos!
- Check out a new Food App!
- Take part in a mini-cooking competition like on Chopped!
Watch (and often participate) in chef demos from authors and bloggers:
- 11:15: Katie Workman, The Mom 100 - Clever Chicken and Pan Sauce. (VIE ticket holders only)
- 12:30: Jenny Rosenstratch, Dinner: A Love Story -Family Rituals and Tortilla Soup
- 1:30 learn about Feeding Hungry Kids with food allergies from Taylor Erkkinen of The Brooklyn Kitchen
- 2:30 Raquel Pelzel teaches us how to make granola and shows us some clever ways to use it beyond yogurt
- 3:30 Caroline Campion and Kathy Brennan, The Dinner Plan - The Forgotten Meal (aka snack time!)
What else you can do at Family Food Fest?
- Talk and taste some dishes for family enterraining with Stacie Billis, One Hungry Mama and Cool Mom Eats, author of Make it Easy
- Cook and taste with Melina Hammer, author of Kid Chef
- Learn about Indian food with Shalini’s Kitchen
- Try out new food App Issa’s Edible Adventures
- Try your hand at salad making with Chop’t (only until 1PM!)
- Participate in a read aloud and crafting project with Tacos Interactive Recipe Book (3:00 pm)
- Try some new foods with Trois Petit Cochons
- Talk allergies and try allergy friendly pancakes with chef and nutritionist Beth Lipton
- Get signed copies of (and purchase) the awesome cookbooks from our Chef participants.
So much food fun under one roof!
• $40 General Admission (includes event access from 12–5 pm)
• $60 VIE (Very Important Eaters) (includes early event access at 11 am, special gifts and classes and demos just for VIEs; limited quantity of VIE tickets available!)
Please Note: Everyone age 4 and over needs a ticket for entry. Children 16 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. No refunds or exchanges.
Visit familyfoodfest.com for more information
This event has ended