BDD/SBE 2-day workshop
Saturday, May 15, 2021 - Saturday, May 22, 2021
09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
1875 Rainwater Drive, Alpharetta, GA, USA
AQAA is proud to present a course on: BDD/Specification By Example
Class is limited to 32 students total
WHEN: Saturday May 15 and May 22, 9am-5pm
WHERE: Your choice… virtual or in-person at 11675 Rainwater Dr, Alpharetta, GA 30009
HOW: This course normally runs $2,000+, and we are offering it FREE to all AQAA members! Cost for non-members is $75. If you attend in-person, lunch will be provided.
WHO: Development team members including business analysts, product owners, developers, testers, architects, leads and scrum masters should attend this course.
BDD is a hot topic; many companies are experimenting with it because they have heard that it can deliver dramatic benefits. Companies that do it well are reporting:
- Projects taking 30% to 40% less time, and being delivered without bugs
- QA teams routinely delivering automated tests to the Developers in-sprint - while the Developers are still writing the code
- 90% reduction in the effort to maintain and update the automated tests
If you want to learn to apply BDD well, this is the class for you!
WHAT you will learn:
DAY 1 – May 15
- What is BDD?
- What are the goals?
- What benefits can you achieve?
- Which teams or groups need to participate?
- How can you achieve those goals?
- Best practices (to emulate)
- Worst practices (to avoid)
DAY 2 – May 22
- More best and worst practices
- Test Automation with BDD
- Overview of automation tools - Cucumber, Behave, SpecFlow, etc.
- Hands on with Python and Behave
There will be plenty of hands-on small group exercises; you will learn by hearing and also learn by doing.
NOTE: We will need a minimum of 4 students to opt for in-person (the size of breakout teams), otherwise the format will be converted to 100% virtual.
FAQ – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What do I need to bring if I am attending in-person?
A: Something to take notes with, and a laptop for Day 2
Q: What are you doing to stay safe if we decide to attend in-person?
A: The training room we are using seats 200, and the class is limited to 32, so there will be plenty of space for social distancing.
Q: What if I can’t make both days? Can I attend just Day 1 or Day 2?
A: You can attend Day 1 by itself, however, you may not attend Day 2 only. This is because the foundations in Day 1 are needed for Day 2.
Q: What is the cost for non-members?
A: $75 (the cost of membership)
Q: I have a question that is not listed here, how can I get in touch?
A: email@example.com or reach out on our Slack channel for Live chat here:
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.