At Ticketbud when you setup your event to use Paypal, we utilize their Instant Payment Notification Service.
This is a great way to get paid for the tickets for your event. Almost everyone has a Paypal account, and it’s not required to have a Paypal account to complete a purchase. At Ticketbud we listen for the successful payment notification from Paypal in order to release a ticket to your attendee. This works smoothly and transparently. Unfortunately, there are a few snags that we have experiences on behalf of a very small minority of customers.
If none of your attendees are receiving their tickets, then it is very likely that there is an issue with the paypal account you have setup for the event.
Two things to be aware of:
1. Instant Payment Notifications are not sent for unverified accounts. If your paypal account is not verified, instant payment notifications will be sent out from paypal. If Ticketbud doesn’t receive a notification that you have been paid, we don’t know that it’s okay to release a ticket.
2. Instant Payment Notifications can sometimes get stuck. We are not sure how this happens, or why it happens but the following steps have been found to resolve this issue for some of our customers.
Steps to fix your “stuck” IPN Settings
- Login to your Paypal Account:
- Go to “Profile”, (hover) and click on “My Selling Tools”
- Under “Getting paid and managing my risk” click on “Update” for Instant payment notifications
- Enter in the following information for ticketbud:
- Now turn off IPN again to “reset” it to the default state:
This has been shown to work for some of our customers who’ve experienced issues. If you are comfortable leaving your default ipn to https://ticketbud/ipn, you may do so.
These steps may or may not work for you, but they are helpful in troubleshooting your paypal issues. If you perform these steps and your customers still do not receive their tickets, please contact us and our team would love to step you through a working solution.